I had a few goals in mind when I painted this objective:
- Match the colors of my City Terrain.
- Function as a generic objective though I keep calling it a "Crimson Fist Objective"
- Limited color-palette, so that it doesn't distract from the minis during play.
- Gesso Black Primer, Chaos Black basecoat
- Rocks/Ground: Adeptus Battle Grey - Fortress Grey - Skull White drybrush (last brush was very sparing!) The large boulders also got multiple Badab Black washes.
- Shrine - Used same colors as rocks ground, but did not drybrush. I wanted to try and make the shrine look like smooth rock...or obsidian. I think I got halfway there.
- Seals - Khemri Brown/Mecharite Red, Devlan Mud wash, Bone highlight. Micron Pens for detail.
- Incense Burner-Dark Angels Green-Goblin Green rope. Basecoat Dwark Flesh, Brass, Devlan Mud, Mithril Silver highlights (very light).
- Skull - Khermi Brown, multiple builds of Bleached Bone/Mud washes. I wanted to practice doing great looking skulls too. This is similar to my Deathwing colors, but I didn't go all the way to the highest highlight.
Thanks for looking!