Friday, July 31, 2009

Old School Mini Time!

GWPertinent is having a friendly contest asking that we take a picture of our oldest model and post it for posterity. As I post this picture I realize I didn't include the slip of paper with his blog name, so I'll need to retake, but in the meantime, here's a blast from the past...a Mentors Legion Terminator Librarian with Force Sword and Storm Bolter:

Click for Larger Version

I think I painted this guy when I was like 10 or 11 (I might be dating myself here). I remember him coming with a few Punk Rock scouts and lots of Tyranid Warriors and Genestealer Hybrids. Maybe an old Space Crusade booster set?

I painted him in the Mentors Legion scheme (I hope!) and it looks to me like I converted the Force Axe into a Force Sword...which might make this my first conversion too! Shamefully, back then, I actually painted my minis but left them unbased! Now it's the opposite!

4 comments:

Tristan M said...

Very cool dude, first conversion too eh? :) I think this might be from Advanced Space Crusade as that came with scouts & tyranids.

Ubberdorc said...

I bought the same set - it had Terminators, Librarians, scouts and Tyranid warriors and Genestealers.
The Powersword was cut from the Mutant Chronicles game Seige of the Citadel - I believe Cybertronic....Who just got dated?

Tristan M said...

Update photo reminder ;)

Cawshis Clay said...

Totally went on vacation (still on it actually) without taking the pic. No big deal! Deal out the prizes...it was fun to participate. :)